In french we had to design a snack bar for our scool with a partner. It had to include imperatives, vouloir, pouvoir and devoir. We had to make a write-up talking about our menu, prices, meal deal and what we plan to do with the snack bar. We had to put our write-up in a prezi and we also had to record our voices (while saying our presentation). My partner was Hannah.
This is our presentation: la masion du fromage
This is a rap song that we had to make in health class about health eating.
Song- Yo Kill the Couch
These were the people who were part of this rap song.
One of our class assignments was to go on the website Where In The World. This website gave us a picture of a place in the world. We had to find that place on Google Earth. Out of all the places on the website we had to pick our favourite one and make a post about it. I chose to do my post on Los Angeles, California.
~ There are more than 300,000 tons of grapes grown in California annually.
~ There are over 841 museums and art galleries in Los Angeles, California.
~ Los Angeles has more museums and art galleries than any other city in the world.
~ Los Angeles is located in California
~ The first motion picture theater opened in Los Angeles on April 2, 1902.
I have found this location very interesting to research because I came across a lot of fun facts about Los Angeles, California. If you have any other interesting information about Los Angeles, California feel free to comment.
In August my family and I are going to Walt Disney, Florida. I am playing sports like hockey and baseball durning the year. We just have to hope and pray that nothing bad will happen. Last year we had a tsunami in Japan, tornado in Goderich and riots in Vancouver.
At the beginning of the year everybody makes New Year’s Resolutions. Everybody’s resolutions are going to be different. Some might involve eating less, going outside more or behaving better at school and home. What is your 2012 New Year’s Resolution?
Have a good, fun filled 2012. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Image Source- Happy New Year
In class we were asssigned to make a 2011 year in review. We had to use the website called flixtimeto make our 60 second video. For my video I chose to talk about all teh major events of 2011. Following the video we had to write a paragraph about the most world changing event of 2011.
What was the most world changing event of 2011?
One of the most world changing events of 2011 was the Japan tsunami because it brought us closer together. It brought us closer together because we all donated food and money to help Japan. We were helping people on the other side of the world and by doing this it got us closer together. By donating goods we helped japan by giving them food to eat or places to live. In my opinion this was one one of the most world changing events of 2011 because it got everybody’s attention, so we all donated goods to help a less fortunate country.
What do you think was the most world changing event of 2011?
The student blogging challenge finally came to an end. To finish it off everyone who was part of the blogging challenge got to vote for the blog that they thought did the best job for each section. After all of the votes were counted up, and they picked the top people for each catagory. These are the different categories:
- Best Individual Blog
- Best Twitter Blog
- Best Group Blog
- Best New Blog
- Best New Class Blog
- Best Student Blog
- Best Resource Sharing Blog
- Best Post
- Best Hashtag
- Best Teacher Blog
- Best Library/Librarian Blog
- Best Administrator Blog
- Best Web Tool
- Best Podcast
- Best Wiki
- Best Open PD
- Best Use Of A Social Network
- Lifetime Achievement Award
I was lucky enough to be one of those candidates for best student blog. Along with me, Lauren and Simone got nominated from my class. We are very excited because it tells us that we did a good job and we will get more visitors and comments. If you want to see all the candidates for all the sections go here.
It is finally the end of the 2011 Student Blogging Challenge. To finish it off we have to nominat people who we thought did a good job at blogging. These are my nominations
This year for best individual blog I chose Kailey’s Blog because she writes posts daily and they are very detailed and interesting. I noticed that she has a good amount of widgets on her sidebar and her background is very catch.
For best student blog I chose Abbey’s Blog because she puts a lot of detail in her writing. In her posts she usually puts pictures in her post to make it more attracting.
For best new blog of 2011 I picked Molly’s Blog because every time I go visit her blog (usually once a week) she has a new post. Whenever I read one of her posts I always want to keep reading because it is very interesting.
For best class blog I chose The Plugged In- Portable because it is a always up to date about with technology and they share it with the rest of the blogging world. The post that caught my eye was the post about how they go to skype with the astronaut Chris Hadfield.
For Challenge 9 it is all about evaluating and nominating. We have to ansewer questions that Miss.Wyatt wants to know about our blog. These are the questions that she wants us to answer:
- How many posts did you write? I wrote 33 posts
- How many were school based, your own interests or set by the challenge? I wrote 21 posts that were challenge based and about 12 that were school based
- How many comments did you receive from classmates, teachers or overseas students? Altogether I recievd about 60 comments
- Which post received the most comments? Why do you think that happened? The post that received the most comments was called Make Your Own Image and it received 6 comments
- Which post did you enjoy writing the most and why? The post that I enjoyed writing the most were the ones that you got to try new things and research things
- Did you change blog themes at all and why? Yes I changed blog themes because sometimes I got tired of the theme or a lot of people had the same theme as me
- How many widgets do you have? Do you think this is too many or not enough? I have 5 widgets and I think that is a good number to have
- How many overseas students do you have on your blogroll? I have 9 overseas blogs on my blogroll
For Challenge 10 it is all about evaluating and noiminating. We have to answer questions that Miss.Wyatt wants to know, they are all about the student blogging challenge. These are the questions she wants us to answer:
Registration: Is two weeks early enough for registration to begin before the first challenge?- Yes, I think it is plenty of time
Subscription: Did you subscribe by RSS or email in order to get the posts as soon as they were published? No, I did not
- Did you visit the actual challenge on the blog each week or did your teacher have a post on your class blog? Our teacher wrote a post for what challenges we had to do but then I went to the challenge to see what we have to do
- Which challenges were the most useful? The challenges that I thought were the most useful were the ones that thought me how to make my blog better, like challenge 5, challenge 4, and also challenge 1
- Which challenges were the most interesting? The challenge that I thought was the most interesting was challenge 6 because we got to reasearch interesting topics
- What would be some other topics you would like included in future challenges? Some topics that I want to do in the future are challenges that let us
- Are more tutorial type challenges needed? eg how to make a link in your post Yes those were very helpful
- Were the ‘Visit these’ posts useful? Yes they were very helpful, I got more visitors by this
- Were the challenges where you had to embed ie polls, cartoons, wallwisher etc interesting or could you not embed due to being a free Edublogs blog or a blogging platform that didn’t allow embedding? Yes they were vey interesting, I got to discover new things
- Were there enough chances to visit blogs from overseas and make links with other students/classes? No, I think there should be a few more
- Did you make global connections? A few but not a lot
- Anything else you would like to mention about the challenge in particular It was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to more challenges later in the year
What did you think of the student blogging challenge?
Here is a prezi about the basics about hockey. I did my prezi on prezi.com. Try it out!